[mythtv-users] ITX Based Frontend Case

Jay Foster jayf0ster at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 17 17:41:23 UTC 2011

I'm looking into building a frontend only system based on an ITX
motherboard.  The issue I'm stumbling around with is which case to use.
  I'd like one with provisions for an IR receiver for use with a remote
control.  The cases that I have looked at have no provisions for this,
except hanging an external one on the outside (not desirable).

The one case that comes close is the OrigenAE M10, but it has an optical
drive slot that I don't need, and is a bit pricey $329.00 (back
ordered).  Other cases I've considered: Antec ISK-300, Minibox M350,
Thermaltake SD100, Apex MI-008, Apevia X-Fit-200, Compucase ITX200A.

Any recommendations?

Jay