[mythtv-users] Tuner Schedules

Spencer Herzberg spencer.herzberg at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 15:54:20 UTC 2011

> There is currently no support for doing anything like this.  You could
> try Simon's idea of selectively removing guide data for the times you
> don't want MythTV to record.  You could also use Custom Priorities
> (http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-12.html#Custom Priority) to
> discourage MythTV from recording at certain times, but that's not
> guaranteed.  Finally, I do have a planned feature that could be used
> to do what you want, but there's no telling when or if it will get
> added.
>
> David

Well until your feature is added, I think I will end up removing guide data.
What do you think is best, changing the data as it comes in from Schedules
Direct, or just removing the schedule data directly from the database?

When the tv schedule grabber from Mythtv runs, does it clear out all of the
old data or append to it? How often is this run?

Thanks for the help!