[mythtv-users] Help please! Confusion - which of Atom+Ion | S775 | AM2+ | i3 | Zacate to go for?! :/

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 12:25:32 UTC 2011

On 3/17/11 8:22 AM, Richard Morton wrote:
> Using an atom or arm chip for the master backend is not recommended. I
> would suggest an i3 as aminimum for a combined fe/be

As I mentioned on this list before, I'm using an Atom 330/ION for a
combined FE/BE, and it works wonderfully for me.   The only thing where
the CPU weakness shows is burning a DVD, as it takes overnight to
re-render the content from my HD-PVR.

But I may burn a video DVD maybe a few times a year, so I'm fine with that.

-WD