[mythtv-users] CommandIR II or III and Comcast Shenanigans

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Wed Mar 16 13:28:46 UTC 2011

On Mar 15, 2011, at 2:32 PM, Spencer Herzberg wrote:

> I am in the same boat as the others in the Comcast STB Upgrade thread. Firewire channel changing seems to have broken after the STB upgrade.
>
> So until its fixed, how well does the CommandIR III work? Looks like it would be perfect if you have more then one STB or even to control audio, tv, etc. Plus they say it is designed for linux.

Like others have said, the CommandIR hardware works extremely well.
Its not cheap, but its very reliable. I've never seen a missed
channel change with the CommandIR II I've got, in the same place
where a serial blaster would result in a missed channel change
once every 20-30 recordings or so. However, the mceusb hardware
works quite reliably as well, and is far cheaper, if you don't
need more than two blasters.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com