[mythtv-users] Anybody using 0.24 on a (1st generation) AppleTV or anyone on Mac OS 10.4?

MacNean Tyrrell dardack at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 17:30:56 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 12:20 PM, Ben Eisemann <ben at locojeeper.com> wrote:

> MacNean,
>
> Are you running the 0.24 frontend on top of the AppleTV OS or on Linux?
>
> I've got Mythbuntu running with 0.24 on the AppleTV hardware and it works
> pretty well.  I only record SD content anyways (was given a 1080i HDTV CRT
> over the weekend, we'll have to see how that works).
>
> If your still running AppleTV OS did you use a pre-compiled binary or did
> you compile it yourself?
>
> I would very much like to run 0.24 frontend on top of the AppleTV OS...  at
> least too see.
>
> Not sure about the Crystal HD chip... I'd like to try that.  I think from
> what I saw you'd need to run linux instead of mac os frontend to take
> advantage of it though.

1. AFAIKnew anyways CrystalHD had drivers in XMBC but not in mythtv.  Why I
asked before I purchase one.

2. I got my super cheap like 2 years ago or something.  I put linux on it
ASAP.  I have a USB boot stick.  I just followed:
http://code.google.com/p/atv-bootloader/  also the tips and tricks people
have posted on the discussion boards there, also
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Installing_MythTV_On_AppleTV_with_Mythbuntu_9.10 has
some of those tips and tricks.  So no never even ran the AppleTV OS, have no
need for it.

> God Bless,
>
> Ben T. Eisemann
> beisemann at gmail.com
>
> Anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of
> its strength.—Charles Spurgeon
>

> On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 12:47 PM, MacNean Tyrrell <dardack at gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 8:30 PM, Ajay Sharma <ajayrockrock at gmail.com>wrote:

>>> enough
>>> of
>>> on
>>>
>>> I have a 1st gen apple tv but I use it as an XBMC frontend and there
>>> are addons for mythtv as well.  It's pretty decent with the CrystalHD
>>> card.
>>>

>> Is the CrystalHD card supported in MythTV yet?  And if so how much they
>> cost?
>>
>> BTW I have .24 on my AppleTV.  The menu's are slow but playback is fine of
>> SD content (mkv files ripped at constant 16, TV shows recorded with
>> pvr-250/500, etc.).
>>

>> --Ajay
>>>

>> --
>> Sincerely,