[mythtv-users] HDPVR Recoridng profiles?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 23:52:54 UTC 2011

I wanted to play with the bitrates for recording with my HDPVR, I went
to the recording profiles for it and see that none are set, so I
assume my system is using some "default"?

Anyway, I created a new one, I called it "Default".
I notice that there are two "codec"s

one is just MPEG-4, and has a single bitrate setting along with min
and max quality settings and a bunch of other options.

the other says "mpeg-4 AVC Hardware encoder" and has Avg and Max
bitrate settings for "low", "medium", and "high" resolution. (I assume
480i/p, 720p, 1080i)

does anyone know of the differences between the two?

thanks!

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!