[mythtv-users] myth video file naming issues

Dan Armbrust daniel.armbrust.list at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 15:51:53 UTC 2011

I have a collection of videos which were initially dropped into a
folder which MythVideo can see while they still had essentially,
garbage file names.

MythVideo has indexed them, etc.  Later, I renamed the files to have nice names.

MythVideo has been clever enough to compare check sums, and notice
that they are the same files that it already knew about.

But it fails to update its metadata properly, and continues to display
the old, garbage filenames.  Triggering the global scan-for-changes
option doesn't help.  Neither does the forget metadata option for a
particular file.  (I don't recall exactly what the option was called)

I would call this a bug, but I don't know if it is worth logging in
the tracker, given the "issues without code are invalid even if they
are wrong" mantra here.

So, how can I just dump all the data out of MythVideo, and make it start over?

On a somewhat related issue, is there a way to disable MythVideo from
trying to be clever about the file names it displays?  Because I
already have the files named the way I want to see them.  MythVideo
tries to be clever, gets it wrong when my naming conventions don't
match what it expects, and then often displays junk.  Is there some
way to tell it to just show the file name, as is?

Thanks