[mythtv-users] What is the best way to archive a recording?

stuart stuart at xnet.com
Mon Mar 14 13:23:31 UTC 2011

Hi...

What is the best (preferred) way to archive a recording?

I can not get mythburn to work (http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8438).

If I copy a recording to a video directory I end up with a very cryptic
file name.  Also, are not the mythtv recordings in NuppelVideo format.
Would it be advisable to transcode them before moving them to a video
directory.  Finally, is there a way to actually cut the commercial
before copying them to a video directory?

I figure once I move the recordings I will have lost all data base
support and (murphy's law) it will be at that point I will realize I had
forgotten something.

-thanks