[mythtv-users] Debian, lirc and 2.6.32

Michael Papet mpapet at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 13 06:38:27 UTC 2011

On the good advice of Eric, I pulled the lirc code from Debian's svn that is supposed to work with 2.6.32. (Debian Squeeze)

I've got a Hauppauge HVR-1600. I added the stanza to /etc/modprobe.d/lirc.conf... alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c

After configuring the build for a hauppauge TV cards, it builds and installs just fine.  However no device appears in /dev.  No /dev/lirc, /dev/lirc/0...

Adding debug flags to both lirc_i2c and lirc_dev nets no new information.
Mar 12 22:26:37 tvtv kernel: [ 1342.023488] lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, major 61

Setting the minor option to minor=0 did nothing either.

Any ideas where I may be going wrong?