[mythtv-users] MCEUSB blasting

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 05:19:51 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 7:13 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Don't know if it's similar enough to - the original Philips that comes with
>> the silver MCE Remote (model 1039 on the wiki page)
>>
>> Lsusb reveals:
>> Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0471:0815 Philips (or NXP) eHome Infrared Receiver
>>
>> I followed the directions here (all the way to the bottom for blasting)..
>> and it worked like a charm for mine.  Yours MIGHT be similar enough?
>>
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MCE_Remote
>>
> Thanks. I will look at that once I get the transmitter working. Its
> not transmitting.
>
> I am pretty sure I have the following problem but I am having a hard
> time getting the solution working:
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=27135636
>
> I will probably move over to the lirc mailing list if I can not figure
> that out tomorrow.

I got it to work!

:)

This was an very painful process because there many failure points
along the way. The major step was figuring out that the lircd from
gentoo's lirc-0.8.7 is incompatible (ioctl errors) with either the in
kernel (at least for recent kernels) mceusb and the mceusb that is
included in the media_build git. After fetching the lirc.git and
building the lircd daemon I was finally able to test the mceusb from
the media_build git. And like the other poster I needed to change
"driver_info = MCE_GEN2_TX_INV" To "driver_info =
MCE_GEN3" in the mceusb.c source.

John