[mythtv-users] Ceton InfiniTV 4 update?

Tom Bongiorno two.bits.11 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 05:06:44 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 5:30 PM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 2:28 PM, Matt Emmott <memmott at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Doesn't mythtv now follow ubuntu's release cycle, meaning we should see .25
>> next month?
>>

> No, we have no relationship with Ubuntu's release cycle.  We strive
> for two releases a year but .25 may be slightly longer than that and
> we have yet to even discuss releasing .25 yet.
>
> Robert

Matt,

I believe you are thinking of Mythbuntu and not MythTV.  Mythbuntu
releases alongside Ubuntu every six months with whatever the current
release of MythTV is at that time.  Mythbuntu also provides
repositories to allow you keep up to date with MythTV in between
Mythbuntu releases.

http://mythbuntu.org/repos

As for .25, I believe the best way for a non-dev to follow the release
timeframe is to watch the trac roadmap.

http://code.mythtv.org/trac/roadmap

Don't look at the date for the milestone, it is useless.  If you watch
it over time and look at the number and priorities of active tickets
for a milestone, you can gauge if a release is imminent.  If you see
any blocker, critical, or major priority tickets, a release is not
happening any time soon.  As the number of active tickets and
priorities gets low, you are more likely to see a release.  Especially
if low priority tickets start getting reassigned to the release after
next.

As of 3/12/2011, there are 94 active tickets.  That is a large number.
 There are five major, two critical, and two blocker priority tickets.
 These are good indications the the release will require much more
time.

This may be a crude way to track progress, but that is all a non-dev
has to keep up-to-date.

That is why I asked about the backport, but I got the answer I was expecting.

Tom