[mythtv-users] No sound under MythBrowser

1.41421 at gmail.com 1.41421 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 20:26:39 UTC 2011

I am running MythTV 0.24 on a box connected directly to my TV through an
HDMI cable. With this setup I can play all sorts of video files without any
problems, both video and sound (well, MythFrontend crashes every so often
for no good reason, but that's another story.) I recently downloaded the
latest Flash plugin for Mozilla and after installing it I can now connect
to sites like YouTube and play videos in the browser under MythBrowser.
However, whereas such video material plays fine I get no sound at all.
MythBrowser does not seem to have any sound configuration settings, so I am
a bit at a loss here. Any ideas?