[mythtv-users] New Imon Kernel Driver

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Thu Mar 10 21:35:41 UTC 2011

On Mar 10, 2011, at 1:08 AM, Stefan Manteuffel wrote:

> Am Mittwoch 09 März 2011, 15:50:05 schrieb Jarod Wilson:
>> On Mar 9, 2011, at 7:21 AM, Stefan Manteuffel wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> i use Myth since some years with mythbuntu.
>>>
>>> In my setup i had used the Lirc imon driver with two Remote Control Code
>>> sets ( Logitec One) one is for the Mythfrontend and the other is for
>>> switching Lights with fhem and FHT1000.
>>>
>>> After upgrade to Ubuntu 10.10 i must use the new iMon Kernel driver from
>>> Jarod, it works very well, but i can't use the ir Codes for my Light
>>> switch.
>>>
>>> The only solution, i found, is to use the old Lirc Module. But at the
>>> next Upgrade i must reconfigure the Lirc again new. Is there a way to
>>> use the new iMon Kernel driver with more ir codes ?
>>
>> I'm not quite sure how you were doing this to begin with[*], but if
>> you were able to get more IR codes through with the old lirc driver,
>> then its definitely possible to get them handled with the new imon
>> driver. You'd probably have to experiment with ir-keytable to get
>> additional codes recognized by the imon driver.
>>
>> [*] to the best of my knowledge, imon hardware only supports very
>> specific IR signals, but maybe your light switch remote just happens
>> to use signaling that is imon-compatible.
>

> Hello Jarod,
>
> and thank you for your reply. I will try to modify the ir-keytable.
>

> Ok i have installed ir-keytables from here ppa:libv4l/ppa
>
> but ir-keytebels -t gives me no response ?
>
> Any hint what to do ?

Load the imon driver with debugging enabled (modprobe imon debug=1),
and if the receiver really is decoding signals, the ones that aren't
mapped to a scancode should show up in dmesg. ir-keytable -t with a
hardware decoding device isn't as useful for unmapped signals as it
is with a raw IR device.

> Here is my OLD configuration that was working.
>
> this is what dmesg says about my iMon:
>
> [   14.133877] imon 2-1.2:1.0: iMON device (15c2:0038, intf0) on usb<2:3>
> initialized
> [   14.142101] imon 2-1.2:1.1: iMON device (15c2:0038, intf1) on usb<2:3>
> initialized
> [   14.142120] usbcore: registered new interface driver imon
> [   20.698614] Modules linked in: nfsd exportfs nfs lockd fscache nfs_acl
> auth_rpcgss snd_hda_codec_nvhdmi sunrpc nvidia(P) lirc_dev
> snd_hda_codec_intelhdmi snd_hda_codec_realtek snd_hda_intel
> snd_hda_codec snd_hwdep snd_pcm snd_seq_midi ir_sony_decoder snd_rawmidi
> ir_jvc_decoder snd_seq_midi_event ir_rc6_decoder ppdev snd_seq ir_rc5_decoder
> ir_nec_decoder rc_imon_pad
> ftdi_sio snd_timer imon snd_seq_device ir_core usbserial parport_pc video
> output psmouse serio_raw snd intel_agp agpgart soundcore snd_page_alloc lp
> parport usbhid hid e1000e
>
> lsusb gives me:
>
> Bus 002 Device 003: ID 15c2:0038 SoundGraph Inc. GD01 MX VFD Display/IR
> Receiver
>

> and this is my old lircd.conf what was working with lirc and the old driver
> from lirc:

I'm not seeing how this is even remotely (haha) possible. Your lircd.conf
has bits for the light switch remote and an old Hauppauge remote... Are
you *sure* it was the imon receiving the signals, and not something else?

I'm confused here.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com