[mythtv-users] tearing my hair out with audio over hdmi

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 21:22:32 UTC 2011

On 11 March 2011 03:21, Matt Harrison <iwasinnamuknow at genestate.com> wrote:

> Most of the syntaxes which other people suggest, such as "hdmi",
> "hw0,3", "plughw0,3" etc appear to work with speaker-test but produce no
> audio. If I try them with aplay, I get messages like this:

neither hw0,3 no plughw0,3 are valid device name.

hw:0,3 would be : but you don't want to use that.

time to use a different distribution than the one you are using that
is obviously not working for you?

can understand that one would want to find out what's wrong: but there
are easier distribution to install and configure than gentoo IMHO and
usually just work out of the box.