[mythtv-users] Amazon Prime on MythTV

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 02:49:25 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 6:38 PM, David Schlenk <mythtv at schdav.org> wrote:

> And I have hit a bit of a roadblock. Apparently MythBrowser doesn't
> persist cookies between sessions, so while I have the grabber working
> properly there's not a good way to actually view the videos. So either
> I have to implement persisting the cookie jar in MythBrowser or find a
> way to post something to log in before actually pulling up the
> video... guessing the former is more viable.
>
> Robert perhaps you can confirm if I'm speaking the truth about cookies
> being persisted between sessions?

This sounds correct.  You'll likely need to look at adding loading
cookies automatically in mythbrowser.

http://doc.qt.nokia.com/latest/qnetworkcookiejar.html
http://doc.qt.nokia.com/latest/qnetworkcookie.html

May be of some assistance.  Once Amazon (or any other API someone
cares to add this kind of thing for) supports login via the API I can
give some thought to adding login/password handling in MNV/the
grabbers.  It's not something I've given a great deal of thought to to
be honest but it is something that's on my radar.  Mostly, I just need
to think of a clean and functional way to a) configure it in the UI
(not too big a deal, could have the grabber advertise that it requires
login and pop up a login/password dialog when the user attempts to
subscribe to the grabber, and b) make that information available to
the grabber (-u username -p password?) when run.  So, not
insurmountable, but since Amazon doesn't have an API for logging in I
can probably defer making that decision/starting on that work for now.

Robert