[mythtv-users] mythnetvision searching youtube

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 00:42:45 UTC 2011

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 1:04 PM, Dave Brown <davebrown099 at gmail.com> wrote:

> # v2 api calls - An example that must be customized for each target site
> self.config[u'urls'][u'video.search'] =
> 'http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/videos?vq=%s&max-results=%s&start-index=%s&orderby=rating&Ir=%s'

> # v2 api calls - An example that must be customized for each target site
> self.config[u'urls'][u'video.search'] =
> 'http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/videos?vq=%s&max-results=%s&start-index=%s&orderby=relevance&Ir=%s'
>
> I find this to work much better.  My wife likes to search youtube videos for
> horses and under the default search the results are returned under the order
> "rating".  The first 4 videos are about the halo game, the next a johnny
> cash video and next half dozen are not really related to the 4 legged
> animal.

Dave,

Thanks for mentioning how you had done this.  In the course of making
some other MNV fixes I tested this against the web site results and
found it to work well.  I *do* think the rating orderby returns
generally better quality stuff, but consistency with the web site is
probably more important/more sensible.  Thanks.  I've committed this
change to master so from .25 forward people should see results that
are about what they expect.

Robert