[mythtv-users] UPnP Clients: MediaMVP HD or "New" AppleTV

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Wed Mar 9 20:26:54 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 8:07 PM, Lawrence Houston
<mythtv at greenfield.dyndns.org> wrote:
> After performing the required Double Flash with Release 1.1.22 the
> MediaMVP-HD now sees the Recordings on my MythTV Backend...
>
> Problem: After 10 Seconds of Playback the Audio starts breaking up with
>         the Video slowing and then stopping shortly after that!!!
>
> The MediaMVP-HD is connected to a Small Sony TV via the HDMI Cable which was
> included with Hauppauge's Unit...  Tried all possible HDMI Resolutions to
> see if any might "Lighten" the load so that Video Playback would last more
> than 10 Seconds, although none of the combinations I tried made any
> difference...
>
>         What should I try next???

Hi Lawrence,

Sorry for the delayed response, I've been traveling on business.

Sounds a bit like you might have a network bandwidth issue.  Are all
the hops between the MediaMVP-HD and the MythTV server 10/100 or
better?  Also, does the video just become choppy, or does it stop
entirely?  If it stops entirely, does the back button on the remote
successfully drop you back to the menu?

What type of video is this?  Are they livetv MPEG2 recordings, or some
other video hosted via MythVideo (such as Bluray rips)?

It might also be worthwhile to copy one of the videos to a USB stick
and see if it still happens when playing off of USB, which will allow
us to rule out whether there is something strange about the video
itself, or whether we really are talking about some sort of uPNP or
networking issue.

The more detail I can get on the nature of the problem, the better
chance I will have of being able to identify the issue.

Thanks,

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs