[mythtv-users] Digital Signal decoder

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Wed Mar 9 20:03:32 UTC 2011

On 03/09/11 14:10, quecumber256 at comcast.net wrote:

> All I really wanted to know was if MythTV can be modified to show a
> recorded show in both encoded and decoded form.

Well then we're right back to my first response.  MythTV records the
video, audio, subtitle, and anything else associated with that PID
inside an MPEG TS container, straight to disk, unaltered.  After a show
is recorded, you can scan through the file using 'od' or whatever other
hex viewer you wish.  You can use a tool like ffmpeg to break the
elementary streams out of the container, and then look at each
independently.  If you wish to get the whole multiplex unfiltered,
straight out of the demod, then you would have to ask the LinuxTV people
if that is even possible.