[mythtv-users] frontend hangs on livetv on resume-from-suspend

tim draper veehexx at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 19:11:07 UTC 2011

thanks for the sugestion - i'm happy to report that after i worked out how
to unload a driver module, things appear to be working fine..
fix was to 'sudo modprobe -r cx23885', which are my TBS 6981 drivers (i've
somehow picked up that cx23885 is the main part of the driver.. so i tried
that first). it's also worth noting that parts of mythtv program holds this
driver open so before your able to modprobe -r, then mythtv has to be
closed.

now that seems to be the cause, i'll bug-report it at the TBS forums/support
channel and work out how im going to script all this stuff together...

again, thanks for your input Mike!

Tim