[mythtv-users] VDPAU header files

Ian Clark mrrooster at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 17:02:32 UTC 2011

Hi All,

Apologies if I'm just being dumb (quite probable!), but where do I get
the vdpau.h header files from?

If I install any nVidia driver later than 256.xx I loose vdpau.h and
can't compile myth (trunk) with VDPAU support.

I've just downloaded and extracted the 270 beta drivers and they don't
seem to contain this either.

ian at pvr:~$ for thing in `ls -lh | grep ^d | grep NVID | cut -c43-`;do
echo ::$thing;find $thing -name vdpau.h;done
::NVIDIA-Linux-x86-256.44
NVIDIA-Linux-x86-256.44/vdpau.h
::NVIDIA-Linux-x86-256.53
NVIDIA-Linux-x86-256.53/vdpau.h
::NVIDIA-Linux-x86-260.19.29
::NVIDIA-Linux-x86-260.19.36
::NVIDIA-Linux-x86-270.30
ian at pvr:~$

Is there a sepearate download I've missed, I've seen references to
nVidia splitting out the common header files, but I can't find a
download link for them in my (limited) googling.

Cheers,

Ian