[mythtv-users] tearing my hair out with audio over hdmi

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Wed Mar 9 17:03:06 UTC 2011

On 2011-03-09, at 11:50 AM, Matt Harrison wrote:

> Was it definately the 1.0.25 drivers? I'm looking on the official alsa
> page and they only go up to 1.0.24. There aren't even any development
> versions atm.

Whoops! Sorry, I should not have been writing from memory. The machine had 1.0.23 (? I think) and I upgraded it to 1.0.24 which I got from the alsa site.

There is no debian 1.0.24 package so I built the drivers manually, pulled all the snd-*ko files out of /lib/modules/$(uname -r), installed the new stuff, ran depmod and rebooted.

I know that's a Bad Thing To Do (tm) on a managed system but I was equally stuck and redoing those steps after every kernel update is a small price to pay.

- George