[mythtv-users] MythTV backend running on NVIDIA Ka-el, 35W replaced by

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Mar 9 16:26:51 UTC 2011

On 03/09/2011 02:07 AM, Gary Dawes wrote:
> two of the main reasons I went (besides saving money) for the
> pogoplug, was that I wanted mythweb  availability when I am at work,
> or out and about (in case I need to set something to record), and that
> wakeonlan was a lot more reliable for me than ACPI wakeup on a single
> machine. I can add a torrent server, home automation (just bought a
> telldus tellstick) etc to the pogoplug....

So, since the "ACPI wakeup" actually just runs a script, have that
script--on a real master backend with real hardware that can actually do
the job--send a message to some underpowered, always-on hardware (the
PogoPlug) and have it wake-on-lan the master backend when it's time for
the next recording.

You could also set up the web server to accept a request that triggers
the wake-on-lan so you can get to your MythWeb.

Mike