[mythtv-users] New Imon Kernel Driver

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Wed Mar 9 16:25:14 UTC 2011

On Mar 9, 2011, at 10:56 AM, Eric Sharkey wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 9:50 AM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
>> [*] to the best of my knowledge, imon hardware only supports very
>> specific IR signals, but maybe your light switch remote just happens
>> to use signaling that is imon-compatible.
>
> That's true for newer hardware, but the original imon hardware,
> supported by the old driver, didn't have an onboard decoder, doing
> this in software instead (resulting in the ability to receive more
> types of codes).

Yes, I'm quite well aware of that.

> The older imon lirc driver supported this, but I
> don't think the new one does.

The new imon driver doesn't support the original imon hardware, its
still handled by lirc_imon, which now *only* supports the older
hardware, and behaves exactly the same as it always has. If the new
imon driver is driving his hardware, he's got an onboard decode
device, which was obvious in my mind when writing that comment, but
might not have been for those not inside my head. :)

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com