[mythtv-users] Digital Signal decoder

quecumber256 at comcast.net quecumber256 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 9 15:37:05 UTC 2011

I assume the "other graphics" you are referring to are the several second graphical ads that show up on the left hand side of the screen that take up about a third of the screen. This is the noise I'm referring too.

I may be taking too simplistic a view of the problem. I assume if it is encoded into the data stream there must be some kind of tag to indicate the beginning and end of the small video segment. If it is inserted there must be a away of removing it.

With proper analysis one might be able to indicate the flags where a commercial breaks start. If that can be detected one can instruct the TIVO to stop recording the program and resume recording when the end commercial tag is triggered.

I'm afraid the only way to solve this problem is through the Open source community because the networks feel the need to go overboard on the advertisements.