[mythtv-users] New Imon Kernel Driver

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Wed Mar 9 14:50:05 UTC 2011

On Mar 9, 2011, at 7:21 AM, Stefan Manteuffel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i use Myth since some years with mythbuntu.
>
> In my setup i had used the Lirc imon driver with two Remote Control Code sets
> ( Logitec One) one is for the Mythfrontend and the other is for switching
> Lights with fhem and FHT1000.
>
> After upgrade to Ubuntu 10.10 i must use the new iMon Kernel driver from
> Jarod, it works very well, but i can't use the ir Codes for my Light switch.
>
> The only solution, i found, is to use the old Lirc Module. But at the next
> Upgrade i must reconfigure the Lirc again new. Is there a way to use the new
> iMon Kernel driver with more ir codes ?

I'm not quite sure how you were doing this to begin with[*], but if
you were able to get more IR codes through with the old lirc driver,
then its definitely possible to get them handled with the new imon
driver. You'd probably have to experiment with ir-keytable to get
additional codes recognized by the imon driver.

[*] to the best of my knowledge, imon hardware only supports very
specific IR signals, but maybe your light switch remote just happens
to use signaling that is imon-compatible.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com