[mythtv-users] Comcast STB upgrade breaks firewire channel changing

Nasa nasa01 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 8 23:47:19 UTC 2011

----- "Stephen Otto" <sotto at emsco.com> wrote:

> [...]
No,

I was using sa3250hd script and tried the mythchanger script.

> I've been using the mythchanger script referenced in the thread linked
> above. I cycled through all the options to no avail. I've been
> assuming that it shouldn't matter if Comcast only changed the Vendor
> or Model IDs because those merely identify the device to the computer.
> I've been using the -f option in mythchanger to force the protocol it
> uses, so detection of the device should be irrelevant. Am I right
> about that?
>

> I’m not 100% sure but I know that I needed to update the code to get
> my box working (although I am not sure if originally I was using the
> –f option or not at the time). Try running mythchanger with a –v
> option and see what it reports.

I tried this and got:

./mythchanger -c 220 -v

mythchanger .10f beta

Acquiring firewire handle... OK.
1 port(s) found

Acquiring handle on port 0... 1 devices detected.
STB Vendor ID: 0x1947 Model ID: 0x0be0, Scientific Atlanta Model SA3250HD

Skipping empty node 1
1 STB(s) found: