[mythtv-users] Mythweb Channel Editor & serviceid

Douglas Peale Douglas_Peale at comcast.net
Tue Mar 8 19:43:40 UTC 2011

On 03/08/2011 11:20 AM, Brian Long wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 1:31 PM, scram69 <scram69 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 7:03 PM, Brian Long <briandlong at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I was playing with the Mythweb Channel Editor to get some of my HDHR
>>> channels straight on a Time Warner QAM setup.  It would be really useful
>> if
>>> mythweb showed the "serviceid" field from the "channel" table.  I'm not
>> sure
>>> what the history is behind the "finetune" field, but it doesn't appear to
>>> have anything to do with QAM.  Could we add the "serviceid" (i.e.
>>> subchannel) column to mythweb or replace the "finetune" column with
>>> "serviceid"?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> /Brian/
>>>
>> To make the Mythweb Channel Editor functional for QAM, wouldn't you
>> also need the mplexid field as well?  As far as I can tell, this is
>> what is used to index the multiplex table and tell the QAM tuner what
>> frequency to use...
>>
> Could be, but I'm not playing with the freqid or serviceid values, to be
> honest.  I'm just making sure that the freqid and serviceid have the proper
> callsign in place.  When you have 6 subchannels and all you have to go on is
> freqid, it's not easy to edit the callsigns and get everything right.
> Adding just serviceid to the mix helped me match the various subchannels to
> the proper callsign when I was manually editing my channels last night.  I
> was using a mix of SchedulesDirect, Mythweb and HDHomeRun_GUI's output to
> get everything lined up properly.
>
> Adding the serviceid to Mythweb is adding one or two lines to about 3 files,
> so I'll submit the patch on HEAD and see if it's accepted.
>
> /Brian/
I agree 100% that all the information necessary to edit a channel should be editable in the channel editor.

But I have also wanted the display of the stream ID for exactly the same reason you want it. It has gotten better however since
a channel scan will put the stream ID in the channum field.

In any case, I have some instructions from an old e-mail on how to dump the database and extract the relevant information.
Unfortunately I did not keep any information on who made the posting.

These are the instructions I use:

    Anyway, the difficulty I had was trying to figure out how to correctly get into mysql with permissions and what not, and
    also how to select the right database. I'm a complete linux and mythtv noob and had never done any of that before. I'm on
    mythbuntu 9.04 release version. In my case, to get into the database I typed the following at a terminal command line:

        mysql -u mythtv -p mythconverg
        Enter password: ********

    I then entered the password when prompted(mythconverg is the name of the db, and -p tells it to prompt for a password, I think).

    That got me the mysql prompt which is what I'd been trying to do since Friday. Didn't expect it to take me this long to
    figure it out but I find that this stuff is humbling me daily. From there it was easy, lots of examples of how to use the
    "select" command to display individual channel table entries or the whole table based on some specified criteria. In my case
    I just asked it to dump all rows with sourceid 2 which is what all of the channels found in the scan from the backend were
    assigned to(as also displayed in mythweb). Not sure what fields are most interesting to you but in my case it was the
    serviceid field which corresponds to the virtual channel. I used the following select command to yield a nicely formatted
    table that has everything I'm interested in:

        mysql> select freqid, serviceid, xmltvid, channum, callsign, name from channel where sourceid='2';

    (change source ID to reflect proper tuner card)

    I chose to use basically the same column order as the "channel info" table in mythweb so that I can now easily cross
    reference between the two as I make the changes in mythweb.