[mythtv-users] Mythtv 0.24 Acer Revo ALSA WriteAudio buffer underruns

Kenni Lund kenni at kelu.dk
Tue Mar 8 18:05:11 UTC 2011

2011/3/8 Josu Lazkano <josu.lazkano at gmail.com>:
> But I have no any output and there is no buffer stop on the frontend,
> how can I test it?
>
> Sorry for my stupid questions, but I want to test to help fixing this
> problem. I have FE/BE on a Nvidia ION 330 board.

Josu, it doesn't matter, one result more or one result less doesn't
help resolving the issue. The current feedback already concludes that
the SQL query is very slow under some circumstances. If the problem is
caused by that query (and other similar ones) in combination with a
thread locking issue on the backend, someone with knowledge about the
backend thread locking will need to look at the issue.

I've also been affected by this issue since 0.24, but until recently,
I thought it was caused by local issues in my setup, since I made some
major changes in both hardware and software at the same time as I
upgraded from 0.23 to trunk, followed by 0.24-fixes.

Since everyone seems to agree that the issue got introduced in 0.24
(or 0.24-fixes), it would be extremely helpful if someone would do a
git bisect to identify which commit introduced the issue. I have very
limited spare time at the moment, so unfortunately I can't really help
with the debugging - at least not for the next couple of months.

Best regards
Kenni