[mythtv-users] Comcast STB upgrade breaks firewire channel changing

Nasa nasa01 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 8 15:08:01 UTC 2011

----- "Christopher Meredith" <chmeredith at gmail.com> wrote:

> About a week or two ago, Comcast sent out a ton of promotion material
> pushing on-demand content. I didn't pay much attention to it. But
> shortly after that, they pushed a software update to my STB (Cisco
> RNG-150) that looks to be completely new. The layout and color of the
> menus are completely different and the guide bears the "TV Guide"
> logo. Anyway, this update also broke firewire channel changing. I have
> been using 'mythchanger' with the -f 6 option to great effect. Now it
> does not work at all. The script detects and unknown STB, but cannot
> change channels on it.
>

> Has anyone run into this? Is there a solution? Does anyone know
> anything about this software "upgrade?"

For the last month plus, my firewire capability has stopped work
for exactly the same reason.  I had it working for almost 3 years
prior to that -- and hadn't changed anything when it stopped working.
I too would love to hear if anyone has solved this.  BTW:  see thread
here
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/457642?search_string=firewire%20channel%20change;#457642

Nasa