[mythtv-users] Can't get remote frontend to connect

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 18:22:48 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-03-07 at 09:04 -0500, Harry Devine wrote:
> So, if I change that password for safety's sake, what else
>do I have to change on my system to ensure everything runs
> smoothly?

Personally, I wouldn't change it, but if you must, stop
mythbackend, change the password in mysql, change both
mysql.txt and config.xml (you'll see the existing password
in each file.)

Change those files for the user that mythbackend runs as, which
is probably mythtv.

Restart the backend. When your users start their frontends, they
can change the password via the GUI.

Take care,

Bill