[mythtv-users] How can I start a lossless transcode from mythweb

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Mar 6 18:23:11 UTC 2011

On 03/06/2011 09:49 AM, Greg wrote:
>           Thanks for the reply...You answered my questions..Now, I need
> to figure it all out...My only reason for transcoding is, I have a few
> tv series recordings I would like to preserve...I could archive them
> with the commercials,but I would rather not..
> Thanks again...

Yeah, I don't like to archive shows that are good enough too keep with
commercials, either.

Only thing I hate worse is spending a lot of time trying to get
transcoding to work without breaking audio sync and ending up with a
copy of the show with TV station ads/bugs/logos/v-chip ratings/news
tickers/breaking news/... plastered over the show (where many of those
are commercials, too--and even worse than the between-parts-of-the-show
commercials).

This is why I just buy the shows that are worth keeping on DVD (or you
could do Blu-Ray).

Mike