[mythtv-users] Full screen time display, with screen on

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Sat Mar 5 04:56:57 UTC 2011

Richard,

Thank you for responding.

The only take-away I got from the message you linked to is that aosd_cat
might be better than osd_cat.

However, I'm currently searching, and while there is a man page for
aosd_cat, it is, like most man pages, terse and minimally helpful. Every
time I try to run a test using their parameters, I just get errors.

So I am trying to find some decent working examples, and not coming up
with much.

If someone can show an example of how this would be done with aosd_cat,
or at least a basic working example to start from, that would be really
helpful:

date +"%H:%M %m.%d.%Y" | tr " " "\n" | aosd_cat ...?

Thanks.

--
Dave M G