[mythtv-users] mceusb as an input device

Harry Orenstein holists at optonline.net
Sat Mar 5 04:48:47 UTC 2011

Hoping to get Jarod's attention to continue my recent questions about IR
remotes.

My latest adventure was to pick up an HVR-950Q with a Tivo MCE USB remote
(also known as Nero LiquidTV).  Everything seems to be recognized just fine,
including the IR transceiver.  The problem is that no keycodes are being
generated.  I've run ir-keytable to test it and there are no events.

I cannot seem to find any info about using an MCE USB transceiver as an input
device.  All references I can find in Google involve implementing using LIRC.
The input device gets created and /sys/class/rc/rc0 looks like I think it
should.  Is there something obvious that I'm missing?

TIA for any help!

-- Harry O.