[mythtv-users] Merge of OSD and Main themes causes WAF to Plummet

Ryan Patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 23:07:40 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 3:02 PM, Michael Jones
<mythtv at michaelandholly.com> wrote:
> The relevant question is not whether or not someone can "learn now to edit
> an XML file" but if that XML file can be structured in such a way to lend
> itself to being customized without complete redsign..
>
> Try to keep up.. Really.. it'll be much easier for you..

Indeed!  I whole heartedly agree, the XML file you write should be
structured exactly as you specify.  When one is creating for one's
own benefit it is only logical to hold one's own priories in the
highest regard.

Ohh no, I just read your post again and I think you might actually be
saying someone besides you should spend their free time writing files
that conform to your definition of "correctly structured".  That is
pretty darn arrogant.

To me it makes much more sense for the file's author to judge what is
"correctly structured".

-Ryan