[mythtv-users] WOT: Moving video around in a PC without using overlay

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Fri Mar 4 14:17:27 UTC 2011

---- Original Message -----
> From: "Simon Hobson" <linux at thehobsons.co.uk>

> Would you have the option of using a separate display for the
> focusing bit, switching it to the required feed ? If you take that
> requirement out then you may find it removes some complications from
> your system. My feeling is that unless you can find someone (ideally
> locally) who understands how the video handling stuff in GNU/Linux
> works and can program this for you, then you'll have a big enough
> challenge just getting a basic montage working - without introducing
> constraints such as keeping the signal good enough for camera
> focusing.

Not practically, but broadcasters use commercial gear that does this same
job every day of the year, and it clearly doesn't bother *them* much that
a given image is downsampled 5-15% from 720x482 to go on the screen...

so I'm assuming it won't affect me much either.

Clearly, though, my actual problem is just that I need to locate "V4L 101";
it must be out there somewhere...

Cheers,
-- jra