[mythtv-users] Video Card Recommendation Needed

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Fri Mar 4 14:11:52 UTC 2011

On 04/03/11 12:25, Nicolas Will wrote:

> This is probably what I would go for:
>
> http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/product.php?id=NzE4
>
> Why?
>
> proper zone for PCI/PCIe cards with proper airflow, with standard
> organisation and no use of risers
>
> BIG fans, especially those close to the CPU area, apparently allowing
> the use of a fanless CPU cooler
>
> Overall built quality appears to be better than what I currently own

A killer for me in these kinds of cases is the side fans. Makes it awkward to
fit into any furniture without having to leave a gap at the side for
ventilation. A second issue is that with a side fan, a lot of the noise comes
forward. A rear fan pumps the noise as well as the heat out the back of the cabinet.

--

Mike Perkins