[mythtv-users] missing recordings

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Fri Mar 4 12:03:26 UTC 2011

On 03/03/11 19:33, kanetse at gmail.com wrote:

> I agree that it can be a complicated issue -- but consider what
> happens if someone is watching LiveTV and then hits the record key.  A
> recording is immediately started on the channel being viewed.

Actually it isn't. Whether you are watching something pre-recorded or watching
LiveTV you are *always* watching a recording. In the case of LiveTV all that
happens when you 'hit the record key' is that the status of the recording is
changed so that it is saved afterwards and not discarded in the normal fashion.

Remember, LiveTV isn't streamed directly from the tuner to the front-end. It is
set up exactly as a scheduled recording is and you are watching that recording,
several seconds behind the capture point.

--

Mike Perkins