[mythtv-users] Video Card Recommendation Needed

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Thu Mar 3 20:18:28 UTC 2011

On 2011-03-02, at 9:34 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> The GT430 is a better choice for a media PC today.
> The GT220 was the best choice for a media PC a year ago.

Shoot, I just put a GT220 into a FE based on a recommendation made here by Jarod last summer. Can anyone say if the 430 runs cooler? The only complaint on the 220 is the fan runs full speed no matter what temp the card has. It's not so terrible but without that sound the box would be totally quiet.

- George