[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Mar 3 18:58:35 UTC 2011

On 03/03/2011 01:49 AM, Mike McMullin wrote:
>    Can someone please tell me what I'm seeing in the below output from
> mythfilldatabase:
>
> 1: Data refresh needed because only 0 of 0 channels have at least one
> program listed for day @ offset 10 from 8PM - midnight.   Previous day
> had had 65 channels with data in that time period
>
> 2: This DataDirect listing source is shared by 2 MythTV lineups.

As for your question about why it's saying data refresh is needed,
that's an algorithm that determines whether or not to request
information for a specific day from Schedules Direct.  A /much/ better
approach is for you to tell MythTV to get all the information in a
single call.  It's lower-resource for TMS (since it's done as a single
request--instead of up to 14 separate, but similar requests that require
similar processing).  It also means that you'll always have the
most-up-to-date information possible.

See http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/449426#449426 for
more details, including how to properly enable it.

Mike