[mythtv-users] frontend, what works?

Mike mythtv at dtmc.ca
Thu Mar 3 17:32:23 UTC 2011

On 3 March 2011 11:10, Tom Bongiorno <two.bits.11 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 11:07 AM, Richard Morton
> <richard.e.morton at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ion2 would be preferable due to increased codec support and more powerful
>> version of atom.

> I concur, but they tend to be a little more expensive, and usually
> don't have passive cooling.

I posted this link on my original mythtv thread, it at least posts my
working frontend sw & hw (backend is on a second computer).

http://michael.dtmc.ca/blog/2011/02/mythtv/

Zotac 330 ION is ok, its a bit hotter and noisier than I expected but
a lot quiet than the desktop it replaced and it is nicely strapped to
the back of the TV.  I'd probably look for a metal passive-cooling
solution next time.

People have recommended 2x DDR3 would run better than 1x DDR3.  I have
not tried this yet and I'm not running 1080p due to my TV limitations.