[mythtv-users] WOT: Moving video around in a PC without using overlay

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Mar 3 15:33:25 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Robert Longbottom" <rongblor at googlemail.com>

> Just a thought but if you are going to scale down these input streams
> anyway, why bother to capture them at 640x480?? Just capture them at a
> lower resolution. Less bandwidth required and easier to scale. Even
> better if you capture them at the size they are going to be on the
> screen then no scaling needed at all.

Because, as advertised, I don't know what I'm talking about.  :-)

It's certainly sensible to capture them at whatever sub-640 resolution
they'll actually be displayed at, wherever they're configured to land
on the final output screen, but I didn't know that the 878 was finely
variable; is it?

Cheers,
-- jra