[mythtv-users] Hyper Threading on Atom CPU

Tom Runner tomj.runner at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 13:15:52 UTC 2011

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 8:26 PM, Terjesen Jens Peder <
Jens.Peder.Terjesen at devoteam.com> wrote:

>  Tom Runner wrote:
>
>  ------------------------------
>  On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 5:54 PM, Josu Lazkano <josu.lazkano at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> 2011/3/3 Richard Morton <richard.e.morton at gmail.com>:
>>  >
>> > I'm using a Zotac ION A, with only 1 stick of 2Gb ram. It's at the same
>> time
>> > Front and Back end + XBMC. No issue at all to play any kind of movies.
>> >>
>> > Interesting...
>> >
>> > HD content? Dvd rips? Which codecs?
>> >
>> > Which theme?
>> > What is your eyesight like?
>> > Which playback profile are you using and did you edit it? If so what did
>> you
>> > edit?
>> >

>>  Very interesting...
>>

>> --
>> Josu Lazkano
>>
> On MythTV the recordings are done using HDPVR. It records in 1920x1080 as I
> set up the STB to send 1080 (only one HD chanel though). HDPVR codec is
> h.264.
> Standard theme. The other ones are not working well, very slow.
> Not sure what you mean by eyesight ?
>
>  Now for XBMC it's mostly divx, xvid and h.264. Some DVD, DVD rip or blue
> ray rip. One strange thing/trick on XBMC, if watching a HD movie, we have to
> start it with xbmc windowed, then switch full screen.
>
>  Playback profile is VDPAU normal. I don't think I've updated it. I'll
> check when back home.
>
>  ------------------------------
>
> And what bitrate is the HD recordings/movies?
> I would guess that influences the requirement for memory speed quite a lot?
>  Jens
>
> Bitrate = 10Mb/s, Fps=25

I checked the playback profile. It uses vdpau normal with Temporal 2X as
primary and Temporal 1X as fall-back.

Only nvidia-current, nvidia-current-modaliase and nvidia-settings 260.19.29
are installed. All the rest is not installed, particularly the x.173 and
x.195.

Just in case, all visual effects are disable. This one was creating a lot of
issues and make the video stutter or not working for HD.