[mythtv-users] Hyper Threading on Atom CPU

Terjesen Jens Peder Jens.Peder.Terjesen at devoteam.com
Thu Mar 3 12:26:19 UTC 2011

Tom Runner wrote:

________________________________
On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 5:54 PM, Josu Lazkano <josu.lazkano at gmail.com<mailto:josu.lazkano at gmail.com>> wrote:
2011/3/3 Richard Morton <richard.e.morton at gmail.com<mailto:richard.e.morton at gmail.com>>:

> I'm using a Zotac ION A, with only 1 stick of 2Gb ram. It's at the same time
> Front and Back end + XBMC. No issue at all to play any kind of movies.
>> The 2 key setup I made:
>> - Allocate 512Mb to Video in Bios
>> - Install Nvidia 260.19.29 drivers remove all others nvidia drivers
>>
> Interesting...
>
> HD content? Dvd rips? Which codecs?
>
> Which theme?
> What is your eyesight like?
> Which playback profile are you using and did you edit it? If so what did you
> edit?

Very interesting...

--
Josu Lazkano
On MythTV the recordings are done using HDPVR. It records in 1920x1080 as I set up the STB to send 1080 (only one HD chanel though). HDPVR codec is h.264.

Now for XBMC it's mostly divx, xvid and h.264. Some DVD, DVD rip or blue ray rip. One strange thing/trick on XBMC, if watching a HD movie, we have to start it with xbmc windowed, then switch full screen.

Playback profile is VDPAU normal. I don't think I've updated it. I'll check when back home.

And what bitrate is the HD recordings/movies?
I would guess that influences the requirement for memory speed quite a lot?
Jens