[mythtv-users] Cover art in recordings

Tom Lichti redpepperracing at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 14:35:06 UTC 2011

n Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 9:20 AM, Kevin Kuphal <kkuphal at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 8:17 PM, Tom Lichti <redpepperracing at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> I will preface this by saying that I know what I'm doing isn't
>> supported or advised, but I have a script that goes through my video
>> files and adds them to the recorded table so I have a single
>> consolidated view of all of my media. What I've found is that for any
>> video that I has downloaded metadata (cover art, etc), that cover art
>> is displayed in the recordings screen (I use Mythbuntu theme, if it
>> matters), but I have not found a way of getting that cover art to
>> display for recordings (ie, those not in mythvideo). I can get the
>> cover art for the recordings that aren't in Mythvideo, but I can't
>> figure out how to associate it to the recording, or more ideally just
>> the show.
>>
>> I have tried using mythlink to link the recordings into the mythvideo
>> directory, and then updating the metadata there, but it doesn't appear
>> to work.
>>
>> Anyone have any ideas?
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Jamu
> Should do what you want.  Read the instructions though
> Kevin

I forgot to mention I've tried using Jamu and TTVDB scripts, and I can
get the metadata for videos, but not recordings. Unless I'm missing
something of course, it doesn't appear that they recognise recordings,
only videos. If I symlink my recordings into the video directory, it
sees them, and appears to do the lookup, but nothing appears for
metadata.

Tom