[mythtv-users] Hyper Threading on Atom CPU

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Mar 2 12:43:13 UTC 2011

On 11-03-02 07:32 AM, Will Dormann wrote:

> I have hyperthreading enabled on my Atom, and I think there is a benefit
> to it.  I can have 2 commercial flagging (or other) jobs running at 100%
> cpu and also be watching TV at the same time without a hiccup.

Well, I suppose, if you are going to run a commflag job on your Atom FE.
 Personally, I don't find an Atom terribly useful for such a thing.  But
I have a dedicated BE with a decent (compared to the Atom) processor in
it as well as I have set up a slave BE on my PC which also has a decent
processor and commflags.  The right tools for the job I'd say.

b.