[mythtv-users] HD-PVR issues - is there a solution?

Chris Kapp chris.kapp at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 10:24:27 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 9:08 PM, Mark <fairlane at springcom.com> wrote:

> > I have a couple of the rev c2 and sometimes get the audio problem where
> > it starts out fine and keeps getting further and further out of sync.
> > I'm using Shaw Direct Sat.  I've also got one channel that will kill the
> > hdpvr.  No matter what it will not record Oasis Canada, kills the hdpvr
> > and can't locate video0.
> >
> > Rick
>
> Ok, well that puts doubt on it being all Dish networks' fault.  What type
> of reciever does Shaw use?

Hello,
I am also on Shaw Direct and am currently using a Motorola DSR 305.  This is
a SD receiver.  I will get lockups about once a week, if I don't reboot the
HDPVR once a week.  I will end up with one recording dieing about 10 minutes
in and then ever recording after that dies with the 0 byte record issue.

I will be receiving a HD receiver shortly.

Chris.