[mythtv-users] HD-PVR issues - is there a solution?

Andrew C. Stadt acstadt at stadt.ca
Wed Mar 2 06:03:44 UTC 2011

On 01/03/2011 5:19 PM, Ajay Sharma wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 2:13 PM, Mark<fairlane at springcom.com>  wrote:
>> I do not have a later unit with a fan.  I understand the first units were
>> quite buggy, however I waited a year to purchase, and the fan units came
>> later... :(
>>
> Are people having issues with current generation HD-PVR (with a fan)?
> Or is this primarily an issue with older HD-PVR's?
>
> I'm curiously following this thread as I'm planning on picking up an
> HD-PVR in the near future.

I'm reasonably sure the audio sync issues are an issue between the hdpvr
and some STB's, and I find it highly unlikely that the addition of a fan
with do anything to cure that.

I have a hdpvr without the fan (but still one of the later units).  I
have a hard time believing that the lock-up issue is related to cooling
as the room I have the unit is kept between 10 & 15 degrees Celsius
(50-59 Fahrenheit).  Now as I've said previously, I don't get many
lockups, but I have had them - though come to think of it, the only
times I've had the lockups occur is when people have staying over, or
someone was home sick and the system was being used almost continuously
for livetv... so maybe I should investigate that a little more.