[mythtv-users] Interview with Silicon Dust founder & CTO Nick Kelsey

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Thu Jun 30 20:52:29 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 3:18 PM, Gavin Hurlbut <gjhurlbu at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 11:49 AM, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org>
>> If you have an mp3 or wav file, the Dragon Dictation app for iphones
>> actually does a reasonable job at transcribing.

The interview isn't exactly Dolby quality.  When I listened to it, I
had enough trouble understanding Nick myself at some points due to
what sounded like highly compressed audio coupled with background
noise.  I'd imagine your app might not do too well.

> How long is the interview?  I could potentially find some time to transcribe
> it if there's enough desire for it.

About half an hour if I recall correctly, but you could certainly cut
it down to a much shorter executive summary rather than attempting a
word for word transcription.

Eric