[mythtv-users] Got my Ceton infiniTV 4...any else have one yet?

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Thu Jun 30 16:44:13 UTC 2011

> I was under the impression that everything from the cable company is MPEG-2
> or MPEG-4, and that everything coming from the card would be decrypted, but
> "unaltered".

Yeah, that's true. But myth still has to process the data stream
coming from the card to look for keyframes, resolution and aspect
ratio changes, program info, etc. That's just the way the recorder
architecture seems to work. And if it's expecting to receive the data
in one format, and it's actually in another, then it fails to process
it correctly.

And for what it's worth, simply catting the /dev entry into a file and
giving that to mythvideo, it seemed to play it perfectly. It's just
myth's TV recording part that seems to need to know that stuff

--
Ron Frazier