[mythtv-users] Hauppauge 1600 card type

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Wed Jun 29 15:17:22 UTC 2011

On Jun 29, 2011, at 2:12 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> On 06/29/2011 12:40 AM, Adrian Fox wrote:
>> I'm trying to set up mythtv again after having reinstalled Gentoo.  I
>> have a Hauppauge 1600 card which used to work.  The problem is that
>> the card type I used to use is no longer in the available options -
>> Capture cards, new capture card, card type.  It used to be ATSC/QAM
>> 3.x or something like that but nothing in the possibilities is even close.
>
> It's "DVB DTV capture card (v3.x)"
>

>> The firmware is loaded and appropriate xc18 modules are loading (with
>> udev).  It doesn't seem like a driver issue, but if it were, would the
>> options for card type just not appear?  Incidentally, when "IVTV
>> MPEG-2 encoder card" is selected, which should work for the analog
>> half of the card, the screen says "Failed to open," indicating that
>> there is a problem with the analog side as well.
>>
>> Searching through google and the mailing list archives hasn't turned
>> up anything that would help.  Any suggestions?
>
> What do you get from:
>
> mythbackend --version

Just for reference, I yanked a PVR-250 and HVR-1250 in favor of an
HVR-1600 in my backend just a few days ago, and with 0.24.1+, they
it works just fine with the digital side configured as a DVB DTV
card and the analog side as an MPEG-2 encoder card.

Could well be an insufficiently new myth build to deal with the
removal of v4l1 interfaces in 2.6.38 and up, which is what I'm
assuming Mike was getting at.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com